Kubota Cup - a tournament honoring the legendary Kubota flip-flops organized by Bike Polo Club Cracow http://www.facebook.com/bikepoloclubkrakow
Each team went through a group stage on the first day, which seeded them into a double-elimination championship bracket on the second day. The cap was set at 16 teams.
Villa accommodation was provided to every out-of-town player by the Krakow community. A BBQ was organised on site.
/ where: Eisenberga 2, Kraków, the former Polfa swimming pool, access through the main gate.
/ when: 10AM on Saturday and Sunday, 14 - 15 of May 2012
/ court: 30x20m.
"Please note! The court surface isn’t perfect. We advise wearing thick socks and auto-levelling Kubota flip-flops to keep the reality in check."
/ The results:
1 The Eiernacken (Karsten, Danny, Johannes) - Berlin, Leipzig
2 Apollo 3 (Przemek, Kuba, Maciek) - Warszawa
3 Jah Jah City (Balcer, Adi, Tony) - Kraków, Warszawa
4 Poloski (Stan, Adam, Mario) - Kraków, Poznań, Berlin
5-6 Disco Polo (Sabi, Wowa, Marjan) - Warszawa
5-6 UNDP (Agata, Gitti, Marc) - Gdańsk, Berlin
7-8 Es De Puta Madre (Doktor, Miszel Mejrą, Sikor) - Kraków, Warszawa
7-8 Ściana Wschodnia (Patryk, Qavtan, Przemo) - Lublin
9-12 Młodzież (Bolek, Predator, Pajac) - Kraków
9-12 Relax Team (Madej, Rudy, Mamba) - Kraków, Bydgoszcz
9-12 Nie.Spokój (Ariel, Tomek, Filip) - Kraków
9-12 ZZ Topless (Maly Antek, Zwiju, Rudy Sr) - Warszawa, Jaworzno, Kraków
13-14 Leipzig (Marf, Mario, Piotrek D) - Leipzig, Kraków
13-14 Sprute Wory (Majkel, Bartek Low, Jonty) - Lublin
Best female player - Gitti, Berlin
Best male player - Adam, Berlin
Best rookie player/discovery - Przemo, Lublin
Most stylish player - Danny, Leipzig?
Best wipeout - Madej, Kraków
Worst injury - Qavtan, Lublin
Check out http://www.facebook.com/bikepoloclubkrakow for groupstage results, brackets and team photos.
- naked monster - http://www.facebook.com/pages/nakedmonster/209021729142851
- pi - http://www.piotrlisiecki.com/
- GraphicKitchen - http://www.facebook.com/GraphicKitchen?ref=ts
- Fanaberje dizajn - http://www.facebook.com/fanaberje
- Plastik projekt - http://www.facebook.com/pages/plastik-projekt/148159618599527
- Mybag - http://www.facebook.com/MYbikeBAG?ref=ts
- Metr64 - http://www.facebook.com/METR64
- Blahol - http://www.facebook.com/pages/BLAHOL/251010914924798
- Warsztat - http://www.facebook.com/Warsztatrowerowy?ref=ts
- Madejfaktura - czyli projekt pięknego małżeństwa z Brzeszcz
- Redline - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002253208056
- Misz masz
/ Music (in order of appearance):
- The Bamboos - On The Sly
- Wolfmother - New Moon Rising
- Eels - Mr. E’s Beautiful Blues
- Lemon Jelly - Nice weather for ducks
- And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Naked Sun
/ Thanks and Big UP to:
- Kamil Bob for help in shooting during rain
- szary-szary for sharing us lenses!
/ foto on flickr by ano
/ realization: http://jestwysoko.com
Be aware - Kubota its not flip, it's a state of mind:.
We usually play Sunday at Jose Marti Park
Check Facebook to see where we're playing.
Hello and welcome!! Miami Bike Polo came together in March of 2011 with the intent to make it easy for anyone interested in playing bike polo. It has really taken off and we can't be more excited. We are still working very hard to keep you informed and organized plus we've made a bunch of loaner mallets so all you need to do is show up with your bike. We play weekly games that we organize at Jose Marti Park, Sundays around 2pm. It's also a great way to just hangout with fellow bike riders and unwind.
So for now, check out our website, learn about the game, make yourself a mallet if you want and we hope to see you on the court and having a blast! And if you've never played before, no worries, we still have a lot of new and first time players, so we'll have beginner games going every time we play.
If you'd like to stay in the loop, 'Like' us on Facebook or follow us on twitter. If you'd like to be involved, just let us know! Start a discussion on our forum, post on our wall, tweet your thoughts, etc… we welcome and encourage any participation :) THANK YOU and see you all soon!!