14 Bike Co 2 on 2 2004 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 3 2 1 321 Polo 5 8-bit 904 93.1 AFBP AHBPC Alexandra Leon All Florida Alleycat ALLFL5 Andrew Animation Anniversary Anoche apologie april arcade Argentina Army article Asphalt Atlas Horas August Austin Australasian Avoriaz Bakersfield Barcelona Basics BBQ Bear Naked Bench Minor Berlin bicipolo Bike bike polo Brazil Brighton Brooks Call Me Daddy camorra Castillo Champions Championship Championships cheaters Chepolo Chicago Chile Classy Colombia Community competition couriers Courts cpcv CPH Crashes Crazy Canucks Critical Mass Crush Polo Culprits & Suspects Cultist Cycling Danish David Brooks Debrecen Deco Drive Dell Lounge Dirty Bike Olympics documentary Donnie Duval Easter Edinburgh EHBPC EHBPT 2013 EightInch Emerge Miami England ESPI espresso Euro Europe European Everburbs Excell february Feher feminas FFilm Festival FHBPC Fifth Chukker film Film Festival Fixed Fest Flasztergyomlálás Florida Fort Lauderdale Frame france Freak Scene Fundrasier FYXD 305 Gables Bike Day game GBD Geneva Germany GHBPA GIF girls GM GrassRoots Grolsch Hamburg Happy Hour Hardcourt Harper Road Havana Hell's Belles Henderson Park henry reeves Herald Highlights Hockey Rinks Holiday Park Honest Tea hug it out Hungary Indoor International intro Invitational Jacksonville January Japan JAWS Jose Marti July Kapt Hoss karlsruche KILL Krakow Kraków Kubota Cup Kyiv La Ciudad en Bici Ladies Ladies Army Lafayette Las baldosas Asesinas LHBPA Libson Little Rock London London Open Louis Vuitton Lucky lyon Madrid Magazine March match May MBP MBP BBQ Media mexico fixed mgm Miami Miami Bike Days Miami Bike Polo Miami Herald Milan MIlano Milwaukee MLKABIK MMiami Herald mr. do Murray Hill Park NAHBPC New Times newcastle Newington Gardens news newspaper Nigeria Nightlife November NPR October Open Oslo PACHC paris park Part 2 party PCP PGM Photo Po@Work Polo Poloistas polorockers Port City Polo Portland Pott Project Promo race Recycle René Sascha Johannsen Repurpose Riga Riverside Road to Szeged rouen Rules RUTACIEN Ryota Kemmochi s.h.i.t. SAHBPC Saint Pete San Diego Santiago São Paulo seattle Sebastian Del Marmol Semifinal Septembeard September Shenanigans Shoot Short Film slamball Social Club Sold South America South Central SPBP Spring St. Cago State Bicycle Co. Strasbourg sudamerican Summer sunday Sunscreen sweat records switzerland Sydney Takao Cup tallahasee Tallahassee Tally Tampa Tap Out Taupo teamwork teaser Texas thrillist Thursday torneo Toronto tournament trailer unchained Urban Outfitters Urban Progress UrbanVelo vancouver Vanessa Velozaurs video Viglucci Vol. 2 waffle party Wausau West Regional Park Weston WHBPC Wilmington Winter Winterfest WLRN Wood World Worlds wsvn WTF Zagreb Zaragoza

Forum > Barrier ideas for our bike polo courts

So we have two ideas, 4'x6"x3/4" plywood walls that stand up on triangle jacks on hinges that fold out on both ends, (also cut from a 3/4" sheet of plywood). Three sheets of plywood would be enough for 112' of wall including one sheet to make the jacks, plus 4 hinges for each 4'x6" wall. A court size is about 100'x50'. So we'd need 300' of wall to cover an entire court. While this an ideal solution for walls, it requires transport and storage.

The other alternative is netting or some sort of canvas fabric that can be stretched tight around a court by poles in the ground, maybe every 10' or so. This would be ideal for storage and transport, but would only work around courts like Jose Marti has... a court surrounded by loose ground.

Thoughts?

April 28, 2011 | Registered CommenterEric Madrid

Check out Andrew's plans for the portable barriers.

Portable Barriers PDF

We'll be updating the plans with more detail as far as materials needed, etc. but this will give you the idea. With these collapsable barrier, one person can carry 32 ft. of wall at a time.

May 4, 2011 | Registered CommenterEric Madrid

I like the plans. As I understand it, one person can carry 16' at a time, 8' in the left hand and 8' on the right. No?
What kind of hinges would this take? Maybe we can put together a few and try them.

May 5, 2011 | Unregistered Commenterdario

Yes, one person can carry 16', maybe even 32'. Andrew has the type of hinges in mind. We'll have a materials list for one barrier, and then we can just make enough to cover the goal ends of the court to see how it'll work and take it from there.

May 9, 2011 | Registered CommenterEric Madrid

Dario,
I'll post the materials list either tomorrow or Wednsday. It depends on how work goes tomorrow and if I'll have time to do it during the afternoon. I'd love to make one or two to test before we commit to the whole thing. The hinges I'd like are just standard flat 3" and for the handles I'd love to use leather but some thick rope will do as well. I'll give you the full breakdown ASAP. Thanks!

May 9, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterAndrew Feher

Don't worry about the ASAP. I've enough to approach Shell Lumber for trial barriers. Right now I'm thinking end zone barriers.

May 10, 2011 | Unregistered Commenterdario

isnt plywood kinda heavy if you plan to transport it by hand?

maybe you can use reinforced foam board or honeycomb panels with a folding/locking "L"bracket in back to stand it up.
they can then interconnect as well if you need it.

May 15, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterFelipe

Yeah, but we need it to be strong. We expect bikes to crash into them and on them. I don't know of any reasonable material that would endure bike polo games and is lighter than plywood.

May 16, 2011 | Registered CommenterEric Madrid

@Dario: I ended up making a prototype this weekend so Shell Lumber didn't have to cut down a whole sheet of ply for just two barriers. I ended up using a plank of 1x6 pine. It's not quite 6" high but it will do for a test. I posted pics on FB.

@Felipe: I think the foam board will be to flimsy. Can you link a pic of the honeycomb panels you mentioned?

May 17, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterAndrew Feher

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now.

November 26, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterDC private car service

If you are inside a down-to-earth mood next take a walk in the woods and gather leaves, pine cones, and other equipment that can be coupled with a wreath as well as other places. You are going to cut costs in cheap men jordan shoes addition to look as though you have brought the exterior throughout.

Enhance your mantle with a topiary cheap jordan nike shoes on each side of the mantle, then two candles, and weave a fall garland of actually leaves around the lower things. Add a few pinecones for smell and texture, after that layer on some twig or compare spray paint a couple of pine cones reddish colored or a benefit to colored pine cones.

Create a fall wreath from multi-tinted leaves and pine cones.jordan shoes for cheap online You can purchase a brand new wreath ring from any craft retail store. They also have garland there as well as plants leaving of all the colors. If you would like your own wreath to previous more than one year cheap air jordan 6 six rings opt for this plastic flowers and instead gives off, they appear like the real thing and may last a long time. Make use of glue gun to add the leaves to be able to the bottom of the ring, build this using the pinecones and alternate colored leaves and vegetation for texture.air jordan 1 retro shoes A few bright mums with orange or red-colored will make a sensational statement.

http://www.nikediscount2012.com

June 13, 2012 | Unregistered Commenterhotsite